My new Boxie (is trouble!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Ok here's my new Boxie, no name yet, was Fluffy, Actually may keep it, it fits!!

ndtnhg.jpg

He at first was attacked by my other female Boxie Louise, after he had his was with her, after 10 minutes of introductions. They did settle, next I see he is chasing Jack.

2w36epv.jpg

I know someone mentioned aggressive,but wow!! So Jack just moseys on by and could care less. This little guy means business!! He gets so mad he kinds rears up to say"Hey I'm talking to you!!!!

5mzi9i.jpg

Now I know they should not be together, but this is the way it is. Jacks constant companion for 10 yrs(or so) has been Louise, and I thought what the heck someone had to get rid of Fluffy, why not?
Well now what, I had today off and watched them pretty much everytime they came out, but could this little guy hurt him? His bites seem to fall right off him legs, and last night they all slept in the same doghouse.

Man you try to do a good dead!! these people weren't like so many others, they really tried to right by this guy. But when the kid gets tired of a pet and the parents are not into them..
Oh well.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
What a nice looking guy, I guess he is trying to become the alfa male. I hope he calms down and doesn't get hurt.

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
Hey Nay, I sent you a PM. I hope he doesn't get himself or the others hurt. I think he means business.....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Ok so while to look at it is kinda funny because of the size difference and the intense look in his eyes and posture ...how'd er that same look and posture I believe to be as serious to him as silly to us :D I I don't know what size your overall enclosed area is but if able...maybe make him his own area???? Good luck!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Yes I am watching carefully..My pen is pretty large and when this happened yesterday I took them and put them in opposite corners. When I went to check later they were both asleep in the same dog house. (I have 2 in the pen) Go figure. Today I haven't seen much activity, seems everyone came out to eat at different times. I had today off so that's why I left them together. That Napoleon thing, happens in every species!!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
My old Ornate, Nora, was fine with everyone until the food came out. I always had to feed her seperate. I'm thinking eventually they will be fine. I think right now he is just showing everyone that I'm here and I'm going to be the boss...typical of most male box turtles IMO. He's really a looker.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Terry, did you eventually separate yours? And why if you just recently posted, did it come up 1:52 (your time?) NY is in a different time zone than MA????

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I think this is set wrong. Righ now it's 7:31 pm here but the time says am on TFO.
I never seperated them. The Ornate was kind of bosy, but never really went after any one unless I put the food out. I would feed her at the other end of the enclosure. I think that as long as the enclosure is big enough he'll calm down. Righ now I have a little Gulf Coast that's a little aggressive, but not to the other box turtles....to people when they come to see the boxies.

Status
Not open for further replies.