My new Redfoots in thier new enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsross1970

5 Year Member
Thanks to JD for these sweet looking Redfoots. I am so happy with these three (Tank, Dots, & Rosie). They are in excellent conditon. Very healthy,good eaters and very active. They love their new outdoor enclosure and are adapting to the climate here rather well. Thankyou so much JD ( N2TORTS ).

Redfoots325.jpg

Redfoots323.jpg

Redfoots320.jpg

Redfoots317.jpg

Redfoots321.jpg

Redfoots327.jpg

Redfoots322.jpg

chadk

10 Year Member!
Looks like some nice torts and a great home for them :)

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi RSROSS,
Could you post a picture of the whole thing,please??
I may have some changing to do.I like that more natural look with the logs and such.
Please?
Thanks Na

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Love your new additions! They're gorgeous :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
What a beautiful shell that Redfoot has. I love the enclosure too. :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
rsross1970 said:
Thanks to JD for these sweet looking Redfoots. I am so happy with these three (Tank, Dots, & Rosie). They are in excellent conditon. Very healthy,good eaters and very active. They love their new outdoor enclosure and are adapting to the climate here rather well. Thankyou so much JD ( N2TORTS ).

Well Rich ... LQQKS as the trio went to the right person!.... Glad you are pleased, and your enclosure is AWESOME! Once again ...thanks for the interest and love you will provide to these guys! ......
( I actually missed them last night .... making my rounds! :( ....
But I know they went to a wonderful family with years of enjoyment for all!
HAPPY TORT~N
JD ~:)

Keep in touch ...and let me know if ya need anything ...!

rsross1970

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the great comments. What can I say...I'm in tortoise paradise and enjoying every part of it. I have to laugh...each one of these torts have their own personalities. Tank is just that a TANK! Not much stands in his way....especially the hastas plants...lol. Dots seems be just on a taste everything trip, and Rosie is a tort that likes to hang in the shade and watch the other two spend the their time chowing down. But she does hang out in the stream of water alot when I put her in at first. I bring them in at night into a large tort table that is full of cypress mulch and thats where I feed them in the morning with their main meal. I have a large soaking tub in there also for them. I also provide them with a 150w ceramic heat bulb and a 100w basking bulb. Plus I have heard so many different comments on this but I have it anyways is a large UVB bulb in there also. All and all they are set up pretty nice I think. Who know maybe I'll be lucky enough to have some redfoot eggs someday! That would be great! As for the outdoor enclosure I keep tweeking it here and there but thats half the fun. I added a squash starter plant in there today for food and cover. I also ended up adding another layer of brick wall because of Tank and his ways...lol. Anyways I'm happy everyone likes it. I love my torts!

Nay said:
Hi RSROSS,
Could you post a picture of the whole thing,please??
I may have some changing to do.I like that more natural look with the logs and such.
Please?
Thanks Na

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trh5RcOm-mY
Check out this video on the set up. Hope you enjoy it. I have added to it since then.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Great thanks. I think for sure your right in needing another layer. Where do you feed them? How deep is your pond? Is it pond liner? One other thing, I am not sure but is that a clementis in the back? Staked ? I believe I thought I saw them as toxic, sorry if it's not, but wanted to give you the heads up'
This is cut and pasted:
Toxic plants that you want to avoid!

This is not a complete list of plants that you want to avoid letting your tortoise eat, but it is pretty much packed with common plants that you'll find at a nursery or gardening department. These can be very toxic, and depending on how much your tortoise is able to eat before you spot it, the health problems will vary from mild to severe to even fatal.

When setting up an outdoor tortoise enclosure, you'll want to be very careful of what plants and flowers you have already in your yard. If you notice any plants that are on the toxic plant list, the you'll want to remove them at the roots and find another place for them. You don't want them anywhere near where your pet tortoise will be able to reach them.

* Iris
* Ivy (English ivy)
* Jack-in-the-pulpit
* Jerusalem cherry
* Jessamine (jasmine)
* Jetbead (jetberry)
* Jimson weed
* Jonquil
* Kentucky coffee tree
* Lantana
* Leopard's bane
* Lily (Lilium atamasco and Lilium gloriosa)
* Lily of the valley
* Lobelia (cardinal flower, Indian tobacco)
* Marsh marigold
* May apple (mandrake)
* Mescal bean (Texas mountain laurel, frijo lillo)
* Mistletoe
* Morning glory
* Mountain laurel
* Nightshade
* Oleander
* Periwinkle (myrtle, vinca)
* Philodendron
* Pittosporum
* Poison hemlock
* Potato
* Privet
* Rhododendron
* Rock poppy (celandyne)
* Schefflera
* Spring adonis
* Spurge
* Star of Bethlehem
* Sweet pea
* Tobacco
* Trumpet flower (chalice vine)
* Water hemlock
* Wild cherry (black cherry)
* Wisteria
* Yellow allamanda
* Yellow oleander (tiger apple, be still tree, lucky nut)
* Yesterday-today-and-tomorrow

* Aconite ( monkhood, wolfsbane)
* Anemone (windflower)
* Amaryllis
* Anthurium
* Atamasco lily
* Autumn crocus
* Azalea
* Baneberry
* Black locust
* Bloodroot
* Bleeding Heart, Dutchman's breeches
* Boxwood
* Burning bush (strawberry bush, spindle tree, wahoo)
* Buttercup
* Butterfly weed
* Caladium
* Calla (calla lily)
* Carolina jasmine (yellow jessamine)
* Castor bean
* Cherry laurel
* Chinaberry (bead tree)
* Christmas rose
* Clematis
* Daffodil
* Deadly nightshade (belladonna)