My NEW RT Outside Enclosure!

TairaBacca

Location (City and/or State)
North California
This summer, I was planning to spoil my tortoise. Sheldon has the ultimate summer house! It took 4 hours to make and it was one of the first steps I took to make his next 40 yrs more enjoyable.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499627612.181765.jpg

Furthermore, this new enclosure will continue to grow and flourish for my spoiled friend. ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499627671.187261.jpg

The plants in the enclosure include 3 Prickly Pear Cacti, 2 Tropical Hibiscus, 3 Aloe, and 2 Jade plants. The substrate is gravel on the bottom(bad for torts but for drainage. Put river stones on top so my tort can't access the gravel. On top of the stones I have a mixture of brown mulch and potting soil. I'm also planning to add a final layer of coconut coir if possible. I wish the best for all of your summer projects.

Here is also a pic of SheldonImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1499627909.633313.jpg

TairaBacca

North California
Note: This is the first time I tried to build an enclosure. Any critiques would help. Also, I am aware of predators so I'm hoping to buy welded wire.

Kasia

Poland
Also I am well aware that the enclosure has no hides... I made sure to order a grand one online.
Plants will do just fine:) I wonder how long will it take him to dismantle this enjoyable place you made for him??;);) Plants will probably go down soon...:p

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
How big is his space? Looks wonderful!