My pictures used on another website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
I was doing a google image search of "leopard tortoise enclosures" because I like to browse. I saw some of my own images and one in particular said "Team Gomberg" on the photo. Knowing I had never done this I checked the link.

I was THRILLED to see that thereptilereport.com decided to use some of my images as examples on their site. They gave me credit by putting my name on the photo and linking to my thread.
This may bother some but it sure made me proud. I was in good company, too. Quite a few awesome members from here were chosen to be displayed there as well.

Just had to share my excitement with someone who may care. My friends and family aren't as "turtle loving" as all of you ;)

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
Welcome to my world. There are photos of mine that have been hijacked all over the Internet. I seen my photos on websites from China, Japan, Italy, Germany and here in the U.S.A.
No credit is ever given of course.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Wow! I just checked out thereptilereport.com and found that Eros and Gaia have there own little following there too!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Some of the folks from the Reptile Report are members here.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
It looks like they pull from threads daily and post them in the Chelonia section. All recent threads were in there.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hmmm. Interesting.

A member from AZ let me know that pics of my tortoises were decorating the windows of a pet shop there. I was okay with that until he told me they are still using the dry method. So they are "advertising" smooth healthy babies that are all wet in the photo, but THEIR babies were on rabbit pellets with no water bowl, humid hide or humidity at all. I had to call them. Don't know if it did any good, but I put in the effort.

Infernalis

5 Year Member
Yes Robyn runs a quality show. Congrats on having your work featured! :D

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Tom said:
Hmmm. Interesting.

A member from AZ let me know that pics of my tortoises were decorating the windows of a pet shop there. I was okay with that until he told me they are still using the dry method. So they are "advertising" smooth healthy babies that are all wet in the photo, but THEIR babies were on rabbit pellets with no water bowl, humid hide or humidity at all. I had to call them. Don't know if it did any good, but I put in the effort.

Your Tale of two tortoises was in there, along with other threads and pics and DeanS, exoticDoc and a lot of others but they are threads so no one was misrepresented.

abclements

5 Year Member
That's really cool. I've never been on the Reptile Report but I decided I'd browse and notice that I got featured in January for my Coffee Table enclosure! Definitely cool!

ElizabethJane

5 Year Member
Montana
Zamric said:
Wow! I just checked out thereptilereport.com and found that Eros and Gaia have there own little following there too!

Yeah, I saw your leopards and Walking Rock on there at least 6 or more times! Your torts are famous! lol :)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'm glad you all checked it out too.

I like that they put the name on the photo AND link to the thread so no info is mis quoted.

The website does a great job and has my approval!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
And why would you NOT post the direct link? So that we can look at the credit given to you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: My pictures used on another website

Blake m said:
And why would you NOT post the direct link? So that we can look at the credit given to you!!!

Hmmm. I actually didn't think about that.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I'm a HUGE fan of TRR...especially since my animals are all over the place! Keep up the GREAT work! ;)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Yeah, I looked up tortoise and found 40 pages. Show it off, very exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.