My Poor Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea M

5 Year Member
Just gone nuts at my 4 year old niece for messing with Hokie so I completely understand where you're coming from!

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Ugh! It always amazes me how people think that when they don't know about something, that something doesn't matter.
My hubby's friend did that, just reached in and picked up our red foot by her shell, loose and dangling. My 6 year old right away told how to hold her properly and the lady snorted " I know how to hold a turtle". Well, Charlotte did not take it well and sternly told her that "no! You need both hands, she HAS to feel safe". The lady actually expected me to admonish my child for being rude!!! Instead I praised her for protecting Princesse, safety first, I always say. Needless to say, that lady isn't allowed anywhere near the tank anymore.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Amazing that an "adult" would do that. Is there no end to people disrespecting nature and animals? Poor baby Tank. No shaken baby tortoise syndrome for you, thankfully. I would have not been as calm and polite as you (and it is awesome that you were). I would have left hook, right jab and then offered some tea and made her read TFO. Ya gotta teach them folks, right?

Shannon and Jason

5 Year Member
South Arkansas
That is an upside we don't have to worry bout her coming back. She not from here. Tank still doing good and thankfully no shaken baby tortoise syndrome here. Haha she prolly woulda never forgot how to properly handle a tort again.

Status
Not open for further replies.