My poorly Ernie has button sewn on his eye :(

Kele7710

5 Year Member
After 2 weeks of antibiotics for ulcer in eye Ernie has an op to stitch his 3rd lid shut so his eye can heal, button is to hold lid down to keep dry ImageUploadedByTortForum1393420305.111582.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Poor Ernie. My shih Tzu had an ulcer in his eye. Eye problems are no fun, not to mention painful!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
He's got pain relief he's just being a monkey taking them lol I'm hiding them in cheese :D

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
That just looks so strange to see. How long will the button be in?

Kele7710

5 Year Member
He looks like a broken teddy bear bless him, 10 - 14 days then it'll be removed and hopefully stitches can come out and eye is better :)

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Yay Ernie is not looking like a broken teddy anymore :D ImageUploadedByTortForum1394129306.610272.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Poor baby, I bet his whole disposition was off with that experience! Boxers have such personalities!

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
He's absolutely adorable, love those flappy lips that sling slobber everywhere! Lol

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Lol yea he is amazing but a naughty boy he stole my tortoise from his table

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Lol yea he is amazing but a naughty boy he stole my tortoise from his table

Oh gosh! I'm assuming he had a soft mouth with it I hope?! When we had our boxer she could get anywhere she wanted, counters, tables, you name it! If we left a loaf of bread out on the counter while we were gone we would think we were crazy when we returned because it was literally no where to be found!! Not even the bag!!! ... Until she pooped it out the next day!! Then we decided to kennel train!! Lol... She became the absolute best dog ever. She traveled with us, flew everywhere, went anywhere and was an angel! Our kids learned how to walk with her, held on to her and she walked slowly for them! It was amazing! We definitely have a soft spot for boxers, once you have one like that you can never replace them. She was a tough one to lose for the whole family.

It's fun to see your cute boy! I swear they are people!

Kele7710

5 Year Member
Oh gosh! I'm assuming he had a soft mouth with it I hope?! When we had our boxer she could get anywhere she wanted, counters, tables, you name it! If we left a loaf of bread out on the counter while we were gone we would think we were crazy when we returned because it was literally no where to be found!! Not even the bag!!! ... Until she pooped it out the next day!! Then we decided to kennel train!! Lol... She became the absolute best dog ever. She traveled with us, flew everywhere, went anywhere and was an angel! Our kids learned how to walk with her, held on to her and she walked slowly for them! It was amazing! We definitely have a soft spot for boxers, once you have one like that you can never replace them. She was a tough one to lose for the whole family.

It's fun to see your cute boy! I swear they are people!
No he wasn't soft mouth with Stanley £500 vet bill later Stanley survived very lucky tort, blood,could see his insides his shell has permanent damage but what's a few war wounds Stanley is alive Ernie used to get in my fridge he is a monkey lol but I agree boxers are definitely people ❤️

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
Oh wow, I'm so sorry:( that must have been horrific. How long did it take for him to heal?