My Rad having a snack :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hustler

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta Canada Eh
Heres shelly enjoying some cactus....Its by far her favorite food and with a few good connections I hope to bring it in and stockpile as much as possible....
She is some kind of heavy compared to other species, Like a bowling ball.
3 feet of snow here and Im cutting up cactus :)
011-5_zps2a50520d.jpg

018-5_zpse8af8220.jpg

TotallyRad

5 Year Member
Very nice pictures! Oh and very nice Rad too :D Very pretty and great growth! Keep up the good work! I am about to go harvest some cactus pads myself :), this being alot easier for me as they are growing wild in the field right next to me house!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
SUPER RAAAADICAL ! ...... How big is she now Mike ? ......Very nice colors indeed .....One of these days I would like to get one of them " High Yellows" Radi'..:D

Hustler

5 Year Member
Alberta Canada Eh
JD, shes 9" of super cute :)
001-25_zps062313de.jpg

Thanks Mike :) She is coming along perfectly by far my FAV out of the torts

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I didnt know she was that big already, She looks to be growing perfect and looks great. Mine dont really go for the cactus to much, but they love the cactus fruit

radiatata

5 Year Member
Some how she appeared much smaller in the first 2 pics and I am surprised to see that she is 9"! Her carapace is really smooth with beautiful patterns and very clean and shiny! I also like to polish my torts shells by wiping with cooking oil works like a charm and love the shiny look!

Congrats on a great rad you got!

TotallyRad

5 Year Member
radiatata said:
Some how she appeared much smaller in the first 2 pics and I am surprised to see that she is 9"! Her carapace is really smooth with beautiful patterns and very clean and shiny! I also like to polish my torts shells by wiping with cooking oil works like a charm and love the shiny look!

Congrats on a great rad you got!

The first 2 pics seem to be previous pictures from some time ago. Do you "polish" the shells on a regular basis or just for pictures?

Hustler

5 Year Member
Alberta Canada Eh
Those pics were taken a day appart this weekend. She must just look smaller in her enclosure? That dish shes eating out of is a foot or bigger. I dont use any oil or rub on her shell just a good misting every few days.....mostly to see her dance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.