My Red Foot has a major sweet tooth!

Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana
Hi!
I'm new on the forum, I have a baby Red Footed Tortoise.
I've run into a problem with him eating his dark greens!
He will eat Romaine lettuce and a little bit of parsley, but I'm having trouble getting the little one to eat kale.
I have seen him SPIT IT OUT.
He will eat carrots, bananas, and mango too.
I'm trying to give him/her the variety of foods he/she needs, but it's difficult when one of the best things I can give him, he hates.

Louisiana
Too much kale is not a good thing for tortoises. But they do need some protein added.
@ZEROPILOT can help with a food list.
I only just now bought him some kale, I even just saw him/her moving his food around to get to the slice of mango I put in there and then he looked straight at me when the mango was gone.
I just ordered some ZooMed forest pellets for him and just waiting for it to come in.
He will also eat the heck out of some worms.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
He/she won't even touch the kale.
Hello! You can make a mush out of finely chopped kale and banana (more fruit than kale in the beginning). Or can skip kale for a while and offer other greens - opuntia pads, hibiscus and mulberry leaves. They are rich in calcium too and may be more appealing.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He/she won't even touch the kale.
Okay, just so you know, it's not as healthy for them as it might be for humans
Take a piece of fruit, maybe a strawberry and squeeze some juice into the kale. Do not have anything else to eat while the kale is there with the juice on it. This should make him eat it.