My russian tort is foaming out of the mouth need help ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

russiantortoiseloverr

5 Year Member
My russian tortoise just started foaming from from his mouth and isnt moving at all but is blinking his eyes and i dont know what to do any advise? If you have any feel free to comment or leave me a message thankyou

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi russiantortoiseloverr, and welcome to the Forum!

I know of two reasons for a tortoise to foam from the mouth...poisoning and over heating.

Put the tortoise into a tub of warm water and leave him in there for about a half hour. See if that helps.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Yes please update us when possible! If this keeps up this is one case where a vet visit ASAP would be in order! I so hope your tort comes thru this. Sending good vibes your way! Just incase it could be overheating, I would not get the water to warm. I always use a thermometer constantly when bathing my torts to keep the water just right for them!

russiantortoiseloverr

5 Year Member
He sadly passed away about 5 hours ago he looked like he was doing great at first but then he went down hill and then passed:(

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I am so sorry to hear this! Did he get into some unknown plants? So sorry for your loss!

russiantortoiseloverr said:
He sadly passed away about 5 hours ago he looked like he was doing great at first but then he went down hill and then passed:(

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So sorry you have to go through such a sad time!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Do you have any ideas on what caused your baby go pass? I'm truly sadden by this both for you and your beloved rt.

Status
Not open for further replies.