Tortoise foaming at mouth!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Glad to hear there' s an improvement today. It is very scary when your tortoise look/sounds ill and I think its only natural to want a vet's opinion. Trick is finding a good reptile vet with experience, as I am finding out for myself. My local RSPCA recommended the one I last used. Hope Junior makes full recovery soon.
Lyn

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Thanks everyone for your input...I just hope that Junior is ok. I have read that torts can die from over heating & now I'm hoping I don't come home to a dead tort...I would be DEVASTATED!!!!! Junior has grown rapidly, I wonder if that has anything to do with him wanting more of basking, or does that not even make sense?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Over heating can indeed kill, I lost a box turtle several years ago to over heating, but it kills right away, not over time. And sadly vet s seem to prescribe amtibiotic, at the drop of a hat.

stojanovski92113

Tortoise Club
Over heating can indeed kill, I lost a box turtle several years ago to over heating, but it kills right away, not over time. And sadly vet s seem to prescribe amtibiotic, at the drop of a hat.
Ohhhhhh....I'm so sorry to hear about your turtle :( I won't make an impulse move again to the vet, but I was terrified when his mouth looked like soap bubbles. It's so hard to find good vets :(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Don't be sorry for seeking help for your animal, just breathe a little next timem okk? :)