My Russian Tortoise Outdoor Build thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Perkasie, Pa
Well with today being 90 degrees i decided it was a good day to head outside and start to make some plans on size and location. I read alot on her and had some ideas.... After looking at the yard we took a drive to lowes to price supplies. cinder blocks seemed to be the cheapest at 1.41 a piece but we had the wifes lowered jetta, which wont make it over a speed bump.... so we went home to get the truck.

After double checking the size i noticed that there where blocks under our deck... and there was a ton. i guess they built our deck right over a patio. Sweet.

After a few hours of digging almost complete....
pic2.jpg

the back left corner will be backfilled with a mulch mix i need to purchase this week. the upper right corner is planted with Kentucky blue grass. the side closest to the camera is planted with collard greens, lettuce,and a few other things.

pic1.jpg

i will be placing a large piece of slate in the grass section for a basking spot and also still need to construct atleast to hides. Also most important is some type of lid. more post to follow, thanks...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Great pics and look forward to seeing the completed yard....:D and LOVE LOVE LOVE when something can be reused and when it is FREEEEEEE.....:D

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Perkasie, Pa
yea im hoping to pick up a tort next month at the local reptile show in hamburg pa. But i also need to start on the indoor table.

jason g.

5 Year Member
ubecrew610 said:
the upper right corner is planted with Kentucky blue grass. the side closest to the camera is planted with collard greens, lettuce,and a few other things.

let me know how the Kentucky blue grass goes. I had a hard time growing it.

ubecrew610

5 Year Member
Perkasie, Pa
jason g. said:
ubecrew610 said:
the upper right corner is planted with Kentucky blue grass. the side closest to the camera is planted with collard greens, lettuce,and a few other things.

let me know how the Kentucky blue grass goes. I had a hard time growing it.

no problem, i am watering around 9pm and at 5 am..... so hopefully it takes off.

heading to lowes tonight for some mulch and maybe 2 hides. and to start planning a lid.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Great start! Either a lid, or some kind of cap or edging so your tort can't climb out. Sounds like you have this planned.

Well done to have it set up ahead of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.