My Russian Tortoises ❤️

Janelle Green

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
image.jpeg Built my babies an outdoor fall/winter enclosure to get a few hours sometimes. I built it in the rain and I'm soaking wet and cold now lol so they better love it. The big rock is a rock cave that they can enter on either side and also climb on top and bask in the sunlight image.jpeg

Janelle Green

Colorado
Those will work. What are they made out of? Is that wood or plastic?
A very thick plastic , their called flood tables or something like that gardeners use them and has 2 holes at bottom for drainage when it rains and snows so substrate doesn't get bacteria and start smelling

Janelle Green

Colorado
and yes they work great ! Franklin loves his and I put a barrier around his to make sure he can't get out

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Nice. Look like they would work well. A hardware cloth lid and it would be predator proof, pretty well anyway.

Janelle Green

Colorado
Nice. Look like they would work well. A hardware cloth lid and it would be predator proof, pretty well anyway.
Great idea :) thank you , I'm usually outside most the time when their outside and what's nice is I can see both the enclosures out of my kitchen Windows cuz I have floor to ceiling Windows . I am going to add garden wooden fencing around both as well

Janelle Green

Colorado
Better picture of my girls outdoor enclosure . Today it's rainy and cold so they can't go and explore their new enclosure image.jpeg

Marcus Harrison

Manchester, UK
I love it I am going to get my sticks out and come up with something, great idea ! What glue did you use? I think I have super glue and rubber cement
I avoided glue. If she eats it then that's terrible. It also smells quite bad so I didn't do that, I used nails and screws. If you are going to use glue be careful, she will try to eat it

GingerLove

5 Year Member
If you hot glue the popsicle sticks and then nail them to the edge it seems to be really sturdy and work great. My tort hasn't even noticed the glue. I can attach a picture later, if you want. And @Janelle Green, I still love your photo, but I was in a weird mood last night and picked "baby" pictures. I hope you aren't offended. :( Sorry.

Janelle Green

Colorado
If you hot glue the popsicle sticks and then nail them to the edge it seems to be really sturdy and work great. My tort hasn't even noticed the glue. I can attach a picture later, if you want. And @Janelle Green, I still love your photo, but I was in a weird mood last night and picked "baby" pictures. I hope you aren't offended. :( Sorry.
Not at all! And perfect would love to see some photos :)