My setup in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
My new set up is finally starting to come together. In the end the table will be covered ill be hanging the lights from above and will adjust temp by moving up and down along with the heating wire I'm going to grid on the floor. I also sectioned of a 3in piece down the side to allow for growing grass,dandelions, ect... If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them. I will be housing a baby leopard tortoise in here when I purchase it as a Xmas gift for the wife.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 160

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
It is looking great! Are you going to coat the wood with anything? Does your wife know she is getting such an awesome gift?

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
No she doesn't have a clue. At the moment I have 2 coats of poly on so far. Seeing I started making it so soon I just keep coming up with more and more ideas of what I want to do with it.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Turning out good! Can't wait to see the finish project and more ideas! Maybe a microwave oven built in? Lol mini fridge?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Looks good so far! Do you know what kind of heat rope you are going to put on the bottom? Will you attach it to a piece of wire to stabilize it?

Nice idea about the planting box!

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
I have already ordered and recieved a heat rope from big apple pet supply. I also got a rheostat to fine tune the temperature of the rope. As far a securing it I haven't even thought of it. I will probably use some duct tape and see how that goes.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
Slowly but surely coming along. I got the light racks mounted and the top mounted in place. I also found some mesh wire and a tub of concrete and decided to make a little hide as well.

Sorry here's one more pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 82

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Never, ever, apologise for putting up pictures! :p We love them.

BTW, does that screen allow light UV penetration? hard to see exactly what it is made of.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
That's actually a piece of plastic. In the corner I have a 10inx10in notch cut out on both ends and the lights will hang from above those openings.

Lid closed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.