My suuuper tiny hatchling

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
So my sulcatas have been hatching like crazy lately and I was astonished at this unusually small hatchling. It hatched from a normal sized egg and actually hatched with its yolk sac almost totally absorbed from the get go.
It's energy level is great and I don't suspect any future health issues.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419910988.970197.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419911005.852577.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1419911026.953982.jpg
I took some pictures of this total cutie for you all to enjoy

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
Runs are the best :) I would keep that one just because. Who knows, it could grow up to be the biggest. I don't know if tortoises are like dogs, but my uncle had a runt of the litter that grew up to be 50 pounds bigger than any other dog in the litter.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Runs are the best :) I would keep that one just because. Who knows, it could grow up to be the biggest. I don't know if tortoises are like dogs, but my uncle had a runt of the litter that grew up to be 50 pounds bigger than any other dog in the litter.
Hahahahahahahahaha yea cuz the runs suck, lol.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That is a wee one. I've only had a couple runts hatch over the past 9 years. One didn't make it, but was not well off unlike this little guy. I always call the runts peanut. Ha