My torts were in the news!

dds7155

5 Year Member
That's cool ,,but aren't you kind of afraid of everyone knowing you have them? It's so easy these days to find out anyone address ,also a lot of people that don't know tortoise's seem to think they worth a lot of money, when i raised parrots you didn't want anyone know you was breeder, it may be different with tortoise breeders i don't know as i just have 3 as pets ,it would be a good topic to see how secretive and disease conscience breeders are,,,,

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
dds7155 said:
That's cool ,,but aren't you kind of afraid of everyone knowing you have them? It's so easy these days to find out anyone address ,also a lot of people that don't know tortoise's seem to think they worth a lot of money, when i raised parrots you didn't want anyone know you was breeder, it may be different with tortoise breeders i don't know as i just have 3 as pets ,it would be a good topic to see how secretive and disease conscience breeders are,,,,

I take a lot of precautions. I'm not in the phone book. I don't list my address anywhere. I go to people vs. having them come to me. Additionally, my facilities are at the back of my property behind a locked fence, security cameras and a locked tortoise house. Invincible? No. But I think it's pretty good for my area. I also live in a very low crime area. Most of my neighbors have no idea I have animals!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man them are some big red foots . Are they wild caught or did you raise them that as smooth ?

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
mike taylor said:
Man them are some big red foots . Are they wild caught or did you raise them that as smooth ?

The group pictured are the adult females of my breeding group, the males live separately during the winter to give the gals a break (Zeus, a male is in the pic). Most came from rescues and some were purchased from breeders. I was able to verify captive breeding (very important to me) from the breeders but have no idea on the rescues. I've had all about 12 years now.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They are some very beautiful tortoises .

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
That was a very nice article!
You have a great tort home there!