Nala

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark W

5 Year Member
This is my African spurred Sulcatta Tortoise. Her name is Nala!
She is a rowdy one, she likes to climb the walls, as an attempt of escaping. Her diet is mostly Romaine Lettuce, i give her baby carrots and strawberry every once and a while. and she has Timothy hay in her Table to Nom if she wants. her substrate is calcium sand and dry moss. I live in Kansas, and the winter can be harsh, so i am sure to use a space heater if need be. I love my tortoise and care very much for her safety. if you have any pointers or suggestions, i would be happy to see them! View attachment 1551 Snapshot_20111130_3.JPG Snapshot_20111130_7.JPG

Attachments

• Snapshot_20111130_2.JPG
    Snapshot_20111130_2.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Hello Mark and welcome to the forum...

How long have you had Nala? She really needs a better diet, the link given above is a good place to start and see if you need to adjust anything...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Mark:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

Thanks for sharing Nala's pictures with us.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Welcome to the Forum Mark!
That's a cute little sullie you got there but he needs a better diet and probably more humidity cause I see some pyramiding starting!

Im sure Brinn (from BrinnandGupta) will be here sortly with all the links you need to raise a happy Sulcata from a baby. Read thru all these links for the best possable info on your sullie!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. I'm really glad you found us and I think Nala will be too.

Mark W

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone, the above link was ver helpfull and has changed the way i take care of Nala! She is Very Thankfull!

Mark W

5 Year Member
I took Nala to the vet because she had a little runny nose, and we got some medicine for her, at first it was easy to trick her into eating it, but now she does not trust me, does anyone know the best way to get a tortoise to eat her medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies.