Names ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Anja, I'll come to your house and name all your snakes, I'll make up nametags and everything! :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
JustAnja said:
I too used to raise cattle and goats and again, only the special ones really got names or a nick name. Our steers and heifers that were raised specifically for meat were usually called HB (hamburger) or Sirloin or Roast. lol

:D That's what we did with the pigs...Porkchops, Bacon, and Ham. Sorta subtle reminders to never forget what their future was going to be.

My kids do most of the animal naming, or at least until recently when everybody pretty much is gone. When I name the torts is usually along a theme. Bells Hingebacks are things like Ding, Dong, Chimes, ect. The American Boxies are Indian tribes. RES and Paints we went with rivers/creeks/lakes. Russians are Russian names. Spots are Polka and Dot. You get the idea. :D

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
cvalda said:
Anja, I'll come to your house and name all your snakes, I'll make up nametags and everything! :p

You are more than welcome Kelly, just give me lots of advance warning to prepare for the child invasion! hehehehe

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
prepare indeed! thats a lot of PB&J and chocolate soy milk!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
ROFL! Maybe we'll have to come in the Spring when they can be OUTSIDE, it's SO much easier that way because, um, yah they do bring a bit of energy with them when they travel in a "pack" (definately too unruly to just be called a "group")! LOL! Oh, they do drink regular milk, though! ;) In fact I have to limit THAT or they'd drink 2 or 3 gallons a day!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Yes the Spring sounds fantastic! We have 80 acres and 3 ponds to keep them busy! :D

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They would definatly stay busy there Anja. What do you have in your ponds???

Morty

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
We picked Morty as a stroke of genius (if i do say so mysef)! But... I am actually quite fond of the little old man naming scheme, its just appropriate for a tortoise. Sometimes if he's being lazy we call him Larry (i.e lazy larry) but sheldon is also a good one, sid would work too - you could have your own little canasta club of sulcatas... if there are women in group, they could be pearl, or blanche or another one of the golden girls!

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
aka2tal said:
Where does everybody come up with these names you have? We still have not figured out a good name for our three Sulcatas. Right now we have, Big Girl, Big Guy, and Lil Gal. We didn't like their original names before we adopted them.

Any Suggestions? Here is a picture of them. Large Female is 8, Medium Male is 6, and Little one is 4.

I love to play video games, so that is where I got my sulcata's name. His name is Bowser!!! If you are still clueless, it's from Nintendo's character from games like Super Mario.
I recomend getting names from what you love or love to do!!! That way the name will be fun also!!!

1 Sulcata (Bowser)

www.myspace.com/bowsertortoise

:p

sid the turtle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Green Bay
Hi guys....good luck with the name game.

My daughter named her tort Sid, from the movie Ice Age. She calls him Sidster, or Sidly

I tend to call him sh*t head, because everytime I pick him up he poos on me. (Think he's telling me something).....lol

Robin & Sid

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yeah Robin, thats how Squirt got her name. She loved to squirt poo on me, now its urine but now only if I turn her on her back now. Guess she isn't as afraid of me as she was.

janiedough

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Louisiana
percival was named percy sledge when i got him.

i at first didn't know this - i thought his name was just percy so I started calling him sir percival because he was so ornery

if he turns out to be a girl I have no clue what I will name her but I guess I have a few years to think about that

old4x4

10 Year Member!
I'm naming my redfoot (when I get it) Patton. Named after a tank. Especially a sulcata (who's gonna be as big as one). How about Sherman?

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
My young Sulcata's name FredRick was chosen by my fiance.. as he was a birthday present for her.

The spelled FredRick (rather then Frederick ) is more of a joke and to be different.

Freddy is what we end up callin him now anyways ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.