Names

tortgirl123

Any good name ideas? I want to name my tort after something, maybe like a Greek God or after a character. Any ideas? : )

tortgirl123

Still saving up for it, so not tort yet! Sorry I know pretty lame! I want a male though!

compassrose26

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Not lame at all, I knew what I wanted to name mine before I got one! I live Greek names too, Percy is adorable and Atlas is cool too.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Apollo, Dionysus, Demeter, Uranus, Eros, Artemis, Heracles, Hera, Zeus, Leto, Ares, Hermes, Poseidon, Athena, Hades, Persephone, Cronus, Aphrodite, Hephaestus have fun picking one . My favorite one is Aphodite.

tortgirl123

Ya Apollo does sound pretty cool! Hhhmmmm I'll have to think about it but I likey! Ankhs for the ideas! :)

*thanks

Or maybe Hercules!? That's kinda cool... What do you guys think?

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Wayland, NY
I like naming all of my pets after Greek gods/goddesses. my cat's name is Poseidon, one of our dog's name is Zeus, and my new hermann's is Artemis. What I like to do, is look up the behavior and character of the names of gods, and of course what type of god they are so that the name has some meaning behind it. For example, what about Kronos? He is the titan of time, and tortoises live for a relatively long time.

tortgirl123

hunterk997 said:
I like naming all of my pets after Greek gods/goddesses. my cat's name is Poseidon, one of our dog's name is Zeus, and my new hermann's is Artemis. What I like to do, is look up the behavior and character of the names of gods, and of course what type of god they are so that the name has some meaning behind it. For example, what about Kronos? He is the titan of time, and tortoises live for a relatively long time.

Oh that's cool, and a nice meaning behind it!