Need a little help with the roof

Dosu

Location (City and/or State)
Kuwait
Hey everyone

I just built a new indoor enclosure for my greek tortoise which is 2x4 feet long. I know it's not ideal but it's the largest my parents will allow me for now. It is however a much bigger then the previous enclosure which was 1x2 feet long.

Anyways I was hoping if someone could give me an idea on how to install the roof I made for the box because whatever I try doesn't work for some reason. I do have a couple of hinges at my disposal as well.

Here are some pictures.

(This is the current enclosure without the roof)
IMG_1016.JPG

(This is the roof that i made)
IMG_1019.JPG

(This is how i'm hoping it would look like on both sides though, the roof would open from the middle)
IMG_1020.JPG

(I have these hinges atm, but i could get others from the hardware shop if needed)
IMG_1021.JPG

Thanks everyone!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hey everyone

I just built a new indoor enclosure for my greek tortoise which is 2x4 feet long. I know it's not ideal but it's the largest my parents will allow me for now. It is however a much bigger then the previous enclosure which was 1x2 feet long.

Anyways I was hoping if someone could give me an idea on how to install the roof I made for the box because whatever I try doesn't work for some reason. I do have a couple of hinges at my disposal as well.

Here are some pictures.

(This is the current enclosure without the roof)
View attachment 183073

(This is the roof that i made)
View attachment 183074

(This is how i'm hoping it would look like on both sides though, the roof would open from the middle)
View attachment 183075

(I have these hinges atm, but i could get others from the hardware shop if needed)
View attachment 183076

Thanks everyone!

How about checking the section on "enclosures?" Sorry I can't help you, but it's a lovely enclosure. Mind you, it should be bigger as you mentioned.

Dosu

Kuwait
How about checking the section on "enclosures?" Sorry I can't help you, but it's a lovely enclosure. Mind you, it should be bigger as you mentioned.

Yeah, I'm going through the threads right now trying to get ideas. And I agree about the size, but it's the most my parents let me right now. Hopefully in a year I'll be off to University and I'll be able to build a bigger one :D

You might need to add another piece of wood across the top in the center for a brace. Maybe a 2" wide strip to support the tops

Oh I get it, that way the middle part of the lid is supported. Thanks for the idea!