need help knowing if my tortoises eyes are okay!

lillyhurt

Location (City and/or State)
columbus, ohio
hi all! i got my baby russian around a month or so ago now and all has been well except im worried about his/her eyes. for the first few days i had him/her in coco coir mixed with calci sand (as i saw was recommended) but soon changed it after seeing how messy it was and got nervous about it getting in his/her eyes. since the day i got him/her he/she has rubbed his/her eyes a lot and that is the main worry i had with the original substrate (even though he/she was rubbing his/her eyes when in the original container he/she came in). now i have reptibark in his/her enclosure as recommended by some people on here and he/she still occasionally will rub his/her eyes and they look like this. i give him/her regular soaks (everyday for up to 30 minutes) and feed him/her everyday with differing greens and occasional calcium powder. does this look normal or is something wrong ??

Attachments

• IMG_7827.jpeg
    IMG_7827.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7830.jpeg
    IMG_7830.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7831.jpeg
    IMG_7831.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hello! I don’t suppose you’d mind sharing a little more information?

What are your temps like? Ie basking spot(directly under the bulb) over all day temps& night temps?
What kind of lighting&heating are you using specifically? Packaging pics are good if you have any
Do you use indoor uv? If so what kind?
How’s your humidity reading? I’m noticing what looks to be a humidifier running? They aren’t really recommended as they can actually cause respiratory issues, it’s not good for them to be breathing in the water droplets

I linked this thread before but not sure if you got time to read it? It goes over equipment, correct levels, appropriately maintaining humidity etc, there’s also a good link for the diet side of things🙂

This one is good to have a look through too to help you avoid the wrong kind of equipment/materials👍
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/common-keeping-errors.217956/

Any further info you have on how they’re kept would be great!😊