Need help with tortoise ID please

Jose Nunez

Location (City and/or State)
California
IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1237.JPG IMG_1239.JPG IMG_1242.JPG Can some one please help me ID these two. I can't for sure distinguish them between a CDT or a sulcata thanks in advance.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
That's a little sulcata, Jose. Or if it's two tortoises, they're both sulcatas - not desert tortoises.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco

Jose Nunez

California
That's a little sulcata, Jose. Or if it's two tortoises, they're both sulcatas - not desert tortoises.
OMG thank you i had a feeling they were sulcata some lady gave them to me thinking it was a CDT and also gave me the paper work to get them licensed. Scary thing is that she's had the parents for years and is waiting for about 20 more eggs to hatch anytime soon now.

Jose Nunez

California
Thank you for all this info now that I know what they are I will know how to care for them. I will read all this info when I get home from work thanks again!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yipes! She has the parents and is passing out desert tortoise applications with all her babies? Well, the care is almost the same for both species with the exception the sulcata doesn't hibernate. I wonder how she treats them in the winter. (and desert tortoises lay 4 - 6 eggs per clutch, not 20. That should have been her first clue)

Jose Nunez

California
Yipes! She has the parents and is passing out desert tortoise applications with all her babies? Well, the care is almost the same for both species with the exception the sulcata doesn't hibernate. I wonder how she treats them in the winter. (and desert tortoises lay 4 - 6 eggs per clutch, not 20. That should have been her first clue)
Yeah I don't know now if I should tell her what she has or if I should wait till they hatch and grab a few more for people that want one lol. She just keeps them out side and they are usually in their burrows. I didn't get to see the parents because they were in their at the time