need some info

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_red_tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
I recently got a thermometer/hygrometer and apparently the enclosure I have my baby RF isnt humid enough at all. It is reading between 50 and 60% which I know isnt high enough for him. I have sphagnum moss as my substrate and soak it every morning and evening. I just cant seem to keep the humidity up. The temperature is fine, staying around 85-88 during the day and just at 80 at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep the humidity up? I am wanting to avoid paying $60 for a humidity machine.

I hope my enclosure is ok....

Attachments

• DSCN0524-1.jpg
    DSCN0524-1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 60

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Big-Red, have you gone on the site Turtletary.com or Redfoot.com they have great infor and care sheets.
Also it seems you have very little moss in your enclosure. you might want to try more moss and a top my help raise your humidity at least covering some of the top my help.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You can fold a couple sheets of aluminum foil together and fit it over the top, opening one corner to let cool air in if it gets too warm in there. A cover will keep the moisture from evaporating so quickly.

Yvonne

big_red_tortoise

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
South Florida
Crazy1 said:
Big-Red, have you gone on the site Turtletary.com or Redfoot.com they have great infor and care sheets.
Also it seems you have very little moss in your enclosure. you might want to try more moss and a top my help raise your humidity at least covering some of the top my help.

most of the care sheets I have read say that the moss needs to be as high as his legs. He is small and pushes the moss around when he walks. A partial top sounds like what I might need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.