need some urgent advices

yellowearslider

hi .....i need some help because 2 days ago i take a gift a red ear slider about 6 months old....i dont know anything about tourtles and i need some words if you can help me....
i keep my slider on a plastic aquarium
i change water everyday and i feed 1 a day .....i left on my room who dont has much light ....the slider never come out that aquarium before when it had my cousin and dont have much care .......any tip what to do more to keep slider safe pls !! :mad:@@ ( so bad english but i want help )

Speedy-1

Location (City and/or State)
St. David Arizona
Hi and welcome, I am new and learning all I can about my Sulcata , I am sure others with more knowledge then me will join in to help ! :)

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
hi .....i need some help because 2 days ago i take a gift a red ear slider about 6 months old....i dont know anything about tourtles and i need some words if you can help me....
i keep my slider on a plastic aquarium
i change water everyday and i feed 1 a day .....i left on my room who dont has much light ....the slider never come out that aquarium before when it had my cousin and dont have much care .......any tip what to do more to keep slider safe pls !! :mad:@@ ( so bad english but i want help )

You will want as large of a glass aquarium as possible...a really good filter /pump because they can mess up the water quickly..you will also want a tank heater to keep the water at 78 degrees (f)..you will also need a basking spot that allows the turtle to climb completely out of the water to dry off....you will need a basking light as well as a uvb source....and be sure that the turtle can not climb out of the tank from the basking dock..you can purchase turtle pellets and freeze dried shrimp and bugs for them..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Your water turtle needs to be set up in a VERY large aquarium, or else in a nice outdoor pond. The aquarium needs to have a dock where the turtle can climb out of the water and sit under a basking light to warm up. It also needs a good filter so you don't need to be changing the water so often. Here's a link to a good care sheet:

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/Care/caresheet-red_ear_slider.htm

yellowearslider

i will try my best , thank you for all i accept more advices if you have ...have a good time

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum to you and your turtle.
Bigger is always better for his aquarium.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1438565490.958095.jpg
It looks like you got a lot of help so do we get to see Picts of your turtle and tank ?