New African Sulcata 2 years old

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
If that specific listing is unavailable, type in 3m chain on Amazon and look for a reasonable priced one, something like thisšŸ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2037.jpeg
    IMG_2037.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 1

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
Any one of them will work. The second one will give you two plugs and two probes. That way you can plug two Che's into the same thermostat and control them individually.
That exact link said it was unavailable can you look at my attachments And tell me are any of these options good? Or am I completely off one is the same brand and looks the same but Iā€™m not completely sure. And how many of these do I need?

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
The chain is to hang your lighting from the greenhouse frame, but you might not need it if you plan on making standsšŸ™‚

MandyV

Houston, Texas
The chain is to hang your lighting from the greenhouse frame, but you might not need it if you plan on making standsšŸ™‚
Ok gotcha can the stands be purchased?

Also I remember hearing about a basking rock to put under the basking light. Is there anything specific I should know before I get one?

for decoration or added stuff in her home is there anything I should get or should avoid to make it more enjoyable And safe for her?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

Also I remember hearing about a basking rock to put under the basking light. Is there anything specific I should know before I get one?

for decoration or added stuff in her home is there anything I should get or should avoid to make it more enjoyable And safe for her?
ZooMed sells light stands.

For the basking rock, you can use slate, sand stone, bricks, pavers... Anything that is flat, and "rock-like."

Potted plants, logs, big rocks, half log hides and humid hides are all good. You can also hang potted plants from the ceiling to save more walking space on the ground. They will nibble or hide under any leaves that hang down as the plant grows.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK

You can buy them but tbh itā€™d probably work out cheaper to make them by screwing some timber together, Iā€™ll attach some examples of the different kinds, if I were you Iā€™d make two of the longer type stand that you can see the strip light(uv) is mounted to(6th photo)itā€™ll mean you can adjust where your basking light is over the enclosure but itā€™s up to youšŸ™‚

For a basking rock any kind of flat rock will do, most people use flat slate, just check with the temp gun that the rock doesnā€™t get too hotšŸ‘

Hopefully Toms suggestions for deco and stuff helps, just make sure you look up any plants you want to add to check theyā€™re safešŸ˜Š

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpeg
    IMG_1873.jpeg
    32 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1872.jpeg
    IMG_1872.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1871.jpeg
    IMG_1871.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1729.jpeg
    IMG_1729.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1672.jpeg
    IMG_1672.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2028.jpeg
    IMG_2028.jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Oh and for potted plants, wash the roots of the soil they came with, and plant in coir, Iā€™d personally wait until new growth because you donā€™t know if there was fertiliser added, which plants can absorb

MandyV

Houston, Texas
You can buy them but tbh itā€™d probably work out cheaper to make them by screwing some timber together, Iā€™ll attach some examples of the different kinds, if I were you Iā€™d make two of the longer type stand that you can see the strip light(uv) is mounted to(6th photo)itā€™ll mean you can adjust where your basking light is over the enclosure but itā€™s up to youšŸ™‚

Hopefully Toms suggestions for deco and stuff helps, just make sure you look up any plants you want to add to check theyā€™re safešŸ˜Š

Oh and for potted plants, wash the roots of the soil they came with, and plant in coir, Iā€™d personally wait until new growth because you donā€™t know if there was fertiliser added, which plants can absorb
Ok and yes definitely Iā€™ll check here for all information before putting plants.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
I canā€™t thank all of you enough I really donā€™t know what to say this has been the most helpful informative site possible. I know I will have tons more questions as I start to put it together but I just wanted to say thank you I appreciate the time, energy and effort all of you made to help my Sammy live a happy healthier life!

Everything is ordered and on the way

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I canā€™t thank all of you enough I really donā€™t know what to say this has been the most helpful informative site possible. I know I will have tons more questions as I start to put it together but I just wanted to say thank you I appreciate the time, energy and effort all of you made to help my Sammy live a happy healthier life!

Everything is ordered and on the way
Absolutely no problem at all! We all love talking tortoises hereā¤ļø
Look forward to following your progress, any questions that come up, ask awayšŸ„°