New African Sulcata 2 years old

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
First things first this is the what I bought to put the Che In based on recommendations
This dome is not optimal for use with CHE: it's narrow (5.5 is a diameter in inches, I guess). For CHEs you need the widest dome you can get - 10-12 inches (chicken brooder lamps are often cheap and wide enough). And it looks like it has a bakelite (plastic) socket - they won't last for long with CHEs which get very hot.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Can you send a picture or link so I can get exactly what is needed I keep buying the wrong things it’s getting so frustrating

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Could I use the 2 in the middle for basking and ambiant lights and the other 2 for the che’s

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Here is the one, for example:

I understand that you feel frustrated (I would feel the same in the same situation). You always can check with us before ordering and ask for the examples or links to Amazon and so on.
Oh trust me I absolutely have, I have 10 pages of advice and pictures links I absolutely trust this site and the knowledge I’m learning I’m so very grateful

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Ok I have both che’s in the wider domes, I have 2 groove thermostats in they are placed on the far right corner and far left corner

MandyV

Houston, Texas
I have this one probe on one end the other on the other end since they are the coolest areas

Attachments

• IMG_1211.png
    IMG_1211.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I have this one probe on one end the other on the other end since they are the coolest areas
Groove thermostats - you, probably, mean Govee thermometers. Am I right? Do you have another device where CHEs are plugged in - a thermostat? If yes, where its temperature probe is placed?

UPD: Nevermind, now I see the picture in your post. Everything's fine then.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
These are the temps now but I just had it all opened so probably needs some time. I am concerned about the humidity though

Attachments

• IMG_1212.png
    IMG_1212.png
    161.7 KB · Views: 1

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
These are the temps now but I just had it all opened so probably needs some time. I am concerned about the humidity though
Humidity always dips down when you open the enclosure. It should be back to desired level in 30 minutes. Temperatures should get into 80s within 30 minutes as well.

I'm going offline now - it's the late night where I live. If there are any issues with humidity/temperatures - I'll try to make an advice in 6-8 hours.

MandyV

Houston, Texas
Humidity always dips down when you open the enclosure. It should be back to desired level in 30 minutes. Temperatures should get into 80s within 30 minutes as well.

I'm going offline now - it's the late night where I live. If there are any issues with humidity/temperatures - I'll try to make an advice in 6-8 hours.
Thank you

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
Hiya Mandy, I’m online for a bit if you need any help, just to check, now you’ve switched your bulbs around, are these where you have them?(attached) with the thermostat probes either end in the coolest spots, correct?🙂

Once you’ve left them a bit longer, let me know temp gun readings directly under the basking bulb, then scan the rest of the enclosure and see if it’s ranging the desired 80-85 range(it’ll probably be high 80’s/low 90’s under the ceramics) then once the basing bulb goes off, leave it a few hours, and scan your whole enclosure again, it should all be in the 80’s(again it’ll be higher directly under the bulbs)

Once we’ve got your temps sorted, we’ll tackle that humidity, I imagine it’s because with all the adjustments and openings, that the substrate has potentially dried out a bit, plus whilst we’re still opening a closing it’ll keep dipping, so we won’t worry about that just yet🙂

Attachments

• 7DE47C17-DEE1-42AA-8D98-37E4A2330727.jpeg
    7DE47C17-DEE1-42AA-8D98-37E4A2330727.jpeg
    176.5 KB · Views: 0