New babes

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
I have acquired 2 new torts. They are approximately 2 and very small... I just got them Thursday. They have an MVB, a small infrared lamp and a (very) small CHE.
My Kronk passed a few months back and I was set to pick up a new baby from @Lancecham the first of February- dont give up on me Lance! These dudes just kinda dropped into my lap, and they need me as much as I needed them!
My swanky cousin bought them for her girls, who didnt take care of them- and gave them to her friends girls, who subsequently didnt take care of them either!
They are at this very minute in a small reptile- like cage... we are converting a glass topped table into their first "run"... I will post pics asap...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Cassie: I'm sure you know, but I'll remind you and anyone else reading this, that pairs seldom work out. You will eventually see one of the pair not growing, hiding a lot, eating small amounts, if at all. This is from the other one telling him to get out of his territory. I call it mental bullying, because you'll see no overt signs, no pushing and shoving, no fighting. You may see one following the other, sleeping in the same space, sitting on the food, or you may not see these things. Just be aware, if one seems to grow and the other doesn't, you'll need to separate them.

cassieopia

5 Year Member
Central Arkansas, Zone 3
I absolutely do know this! I had concerns when they weren't mine! I will leave them together for the time being, since they have been prior... and will be separating them as soon as possible!