New Cherryhead from ATC

sheldonblk

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Hey all. Just got my baby cherry head form ATC yesterday. Hes such a little stud. He arrived healthy and alert as far as i can tell. Thank you Andrew. Just wanted to make sure his behavior was normal. He has nibbled a bit on some dandelion greens, hibiscus greens and some mango. He mostly just hides and has barked at me when i pick him up. Is that normal?

He's in a closed chamber with 80% humidity. 95 under the basking lamp and 81 on the cool side of the tank. with cypress substrate. lots of stuff to hide in. CHE and a power sun in the fixture. when the UVB bulb kicks off for the night a heat pad kicks on for the night to keep night temps at 81. Open to any suggestions.

Would include a picture of the little guy but don't want to disturb him while he is hiding.20180411_164301.jpg 20180411_164311.jpg 20180411_164333.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. I would bury the water dish level with the substrate. I would also get a more reliable temp/humidity gauge. Those disc ones are not very reliable or accurate.

sheldonblk

Los Angeles
Just waiting on my better hydrometer from amazon. Either way I spray it throughout the day to keep it humid in there. He hasn't really gone for water but I see him drink when I soak him in the morning.