New closed enclosure

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Poway,CA
Hello all,

I am going to start to build my closed chamber 3' by 4' enclosure and was curious if any one housed 2 leopards in the same enclosure with a divider down the middle.
thanks

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
It's good that you want to separate them but cutting that size in half would be very small for a tortoise

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Make it 3X8 or even 6 to divide into at least 3X3 for each. It will be too small by the time they are a year or so though. Really glad you are providing separate spaces for them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

Well, for Pete's sake! Where the heck ya been? you must still at least lurk because you caught the alert. Good to see you here again.

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Poway,CA
Thanks everyone!
Zamtic thanks for some good ideas.
I have been meaning to a little upgrade to an additional on the side of my house for years now. Please excuse the mess on the ceiling It's next.
It will give me 7X9' to play with.
The main closed enclosure will go inside somewhere.
IMG_1099.JPG

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Thanks everyone!
Zamtic thanks for some good ideas.
I have been meaning to a little upgrade to an additional on the side of my house for years now. Please excuse the mess on the ceiling It's next.
It will give me 7X9' to play with.
The main closed enclosure will go inside somewhere.
View attachment 201348
Well, this space of yours is a little different from a freestanding table. Check Out this "Other" twin enclosure I did after they outgrew the Table... it also lasted about 2 years and they now have a Garden Condo...(yet another build...)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/twin-enclosure-ii.101910/#post-968101
Discussion in 'Tortoise Enclosures' started by Zamric, Sep 23, 2014.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Well, for Pete's sake! Where the heck ya been? you must still at least lurk because you caught the alert. Good to see you here again.
I am quite busy of late..... we are getting ready to move from Dallas TX to Indio Ca in July. I still lurk on occations and I catch all the Alerts I can. Some subjects tho, I just have to pipe up on....Like my builds! o_O and of course all things Vita-Shell!

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Poway,CA
IMG_1237.JPG
Here's a little update on the new table. 5 x 8 are the dimensions. Ready for the liner to go in then some dirt, plants and then the roof:)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
The room is set, now time to decorate!!

Will you add plants and rocks or little logs? Sight barriers make the tortoise(s) want to navigate their territory.

I vote that you make it look like a patch of the great outdoors instead of an empty prison cell ;)

Jeff 619

5 Year Member
Poway,CA
IMG_1313.JPG IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1306.JPG Putting in some native weeds and some grasses little by little. more pictures to come

Attachments

• IMG_1308.JPG
    IMG_1308.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 22