new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeygirl

5 Year Member
I built this new enclosure for my redfoot. she has a basking light and a uvb light on one side, and a CHE for when it gets cold. I use cypress mulch and she has a couple hides. Just wanted some opinions. Does she need some lighting on the other side or is it ok. I do have some trouble with humidity also. Humidity is usually around 70. Any thoughts appreciated :D

Attachments

• tortoise table.JPG
    tortoise table.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 106

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Zoey:

Your lights are just fine, but I'd try to get them so they point straight down instead of at an angle. Its easier if you hang them rather than clamp them. If you add some potted plants, or else partially cover the habitat, it will keep in the humidity better.

Its a nice habitat, and a good size for that tortoise.

I just looked at the picture again and realize that you have a cover and its open.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
70% humidity is not bad. Your enclosure looks good too. I second the suggestion of adding plants, red foot feel more secure moving around shielded by leaves. The bonus is that you'll see him/her moving around a lot more if he doesn't feel exposed. I also planted a live lettuce head right in the coco coir, so my girl can snack whenever she wants. It hasn't affected her mealtime appetite :)

Status
Not open for further replies.