New Forum Member...Brand spankin' new parents to a {sick} baby sulcata...Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
RE: New Forum Member...Brand spankin' new parents to a {sick} baby sulcata...Any advi

BuddysParents said:
When we changed his substrate to the coir we also changed his bulb to the zoo-med uvb/heat bulb that Donatello's Mom suggested.

We've also soaked the substrate down with water, and I got my hands right into it, kneeding/mashing the water and substrate together like I was making bread or something. It's much more wet almost like damp potting soil, and it seems to be easier for Buddy to walk around on too. His eyes are doing much better, when he's not sleeping, they are open and alert!

As far as temps, during the day, his basking spot is 100 degrees, warm zone is 90 and cool zones range from 75-90 (depending on if he's in the hides or not). At night, his basking spot is 90 or a little less, warm zone is around 80 and the cool zone is 70 or so. He does most of his real basking during the day and goes to a shady/cool spot at night.

Also, as an update on the wee man, when we brought him to the vet's April 21st (almost 2 weeks ago), he weighed 63 grams. Nick and I just borrowed my mom's jewelry scale and as of this morning, he weighs 98 grams! Our little man is putting on some weight, that's a good sign, right?

Its been a few days. I'm ready for another update. Also, its time for you to pay up for all the advice. The cost is some PICS. Please.:D

danielledelynn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Buffalo, NY
LOL - you guys are funny... I just posted pictures of Buddy about a week and a half ago, remember? (there were the sad and pathetic "before" pics and then the nice healthier "after" pics)...

Okay, okay, give me a minute and I will post up the most recent pics of our little man, but I will post them this time under the appropriate thread "pics"...

Thanks for all the advice so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.