New from San Diego California

Status
Not open for further replies.

kali.kole

5 Year Member
Hi Fello Tortoise/turtle lovers.

My name is Nicole I'm a new tortoise owner. I have a baby sulcata tortoise name "Rory". I just got him/her day before yesterday. I also have a red eared slider,a leopard gecko,bearded dragon, 4 cats,and 3 dogs. Yes like a zoo lol.

Rory is currently housed in a 24x24 tank. And is very active during the day with a heart appetite. I've joined the forum to learn more and to know what to and not to do with Rory.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Welcome! Quite an assortment of critters you have there. So what caused you to decide to get a tortoise and a sulcata at that?

kali.kole

5 Year Member
I was originally pet sitting while my husband co worker was out of town. He asked if we wanted one but we have pets already and a 4 year old as well as a 2 year old. We're a 2 family house. Each family is 4 people. So we all jointly take care of pets. But our family's true pets is a minature American Eskimo. All others we help with but belong to other family.

But we fell in love with Rory. We decided to keep him/her. We're already planning the backyard for him/her. At what age do they move outside??

Rory is just a baby. I want to say 2" in a 24x24 tank we have a ceramic and red night bulb at night the tank is at 83-85. Then during the day it's a day light with UVB which the tank is at about 90-95 is that not warm enough? If not what do you reccomend?

image-3462711133.png

Rory yesterday

image-649848387.png

Attachments

• image-4241284415.png
    image-4241284415.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 4

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Then during the day it's a day light with UVB which the tank is at about 90-95

Is this the temp of the entire enclosure from end to end or is this the temp directly under the heat lamp/source?

Oh, welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

kali.kole

5 Year Member
ascott said:
Is this the temp of the entire enclosure from end to end or is this the temp directly under the heat lamp/source?

Oh, welcome to the Forum :D and we LOVE PICS :p

We have the basking area at 100 deg. There's a warm area area at 85-90 deg and the cool area is 80. Is this ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.