New Hermanns In Kent, UK

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Hello and welcome! I have 2 Hermann's torts as well. Nice table! :)

May
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
I am thinking about changing to Coco Coir, where did you get yours from? and what brand is it?

What a good looking tortoise !! have you got more pics of your table? im looking to improve mine a little and am looking for ideas.

My table is about to be upgraded in the next couple of weeks as I have a small basic one to start with. Suggest: go as big as you can to start with! Mine at the moment is like this;

1-enc.jpg

yillt

I love everything about your tortoise. Him,the cage,the log attached to the wall,his shell,his cage,the substrate and the thermometer which I think you got from Exo Terra. :);) Carry on with the good work. :);)

Sam12352

I love everything about your tortoise. Him,the cage,the log attached to the wall,his shell,his cage,the substrate and the thermometer which I think you got from Exo Terra. :);) Carry on with the good work. :);)
Thank you for the kind words!!

yillt

Yours looks much better than mine :) But here it is...
I like that cage but the light should be pointing downward preferably. Also it should have a head around it so it is directed at one point instead of the whole cage being hot. :);).

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
Thats a good size, should last for a while. Do you have an outdoor pen for him?

Yours looks fab - not too crowded which I have a habit of doing :rolleyes: for different climby things! The outside one is going to be the same size - 48" x 36" but I haven't told my friend yet that I will want another one (or maybe two) the same size to add on ha! ;)

I like the idea of having a real plant.. I need to look into what ones i can get for Stomp:D:D

I had a mint plant in mine as it is ok for tortoises but they don't eat it cos of the strong smell (which I loved!) and they are quite hardy too. I now have spider plants

FeebeeDeebee

Haworth, West Yorkshire
I am thinking about changing to Coco Coir, where did you get yours from? and what brand is it?

What a good looking tortoise !! have you got more pics of your table? im looking to improve mine a little and am looking for ideas.

I got the coconut coir from my local garden centre...when I asked they told me they didn't have any but I spotted some masquerading as compost...just needs soaking so it expands

Sam12352

I got the coconut coir from my local garden centre...when I asked they told me they didn't have any but I spotted some masquerading as compost...just needs soaking so it expands
Can you plant plants into coco coir? (might be a stupid question - have no gardening experience:D)

Sam12352

Yours looks fab - not too crowded which I have a habit of doing :rolleyes: for different climby things! The outside one is going to be the same size - 48" x 36" but I haven't told my friend yet that I will want another one (or maybe two) the same size to add on ha! ;)

I had a mint plant in mine as it is ok for tortoises but they don't eat it cos of the strong smell (which I loved!) and they are quite hardy too. I now have spider plants

Do they trample the spider plants?

FeebeeDeebee

Haworth, West Yorkshire
I like that cage but the light should be pointing downward preferably. Also it should have a head around it so it is directed at one point instead of the whole cage being hot. :);).

Hi it is pointing down onto his basking slate, I know what you mean though I wish I'd got a bigger table with seperate hide but this seemed a good starter table...I've taken the temps though (temp gun) and they are what they ought to be :)