Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too Soon

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

shequote

Location (City and/or State)
Chatham, Ontario
Hello All!

Meet Rio, our 2yr old Redfoot. He's super adventurous and always climbing on/over anything he can. He'll eat like crazy if we let him. I've included pictures of when we first got him and currently. In the recent pics (from this morning) I have a few questions/concerns I'd like some advice on.
IMG_3092.jpg IMG_3095.JPG IMG_3093.jpg IMG_3096.JPG IMG_3097.JPG

Here is Rio this morning (2yrs old):
IMG_5729.JPG IMG_5730.JPG IMG_5728.JPG

I think he may be developing shell rot on his plastron in a few spots. You can see the wrinkled/tightening look. The spots are not soft at all, so I'm unsure if it is shell rot or damage from him climbing atop his (clay pot) hide and driftwood all the time. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

However, I am actually more concerned with his head. He's recently started LOVING having his head rubbed... I mean... he will really strain his neck to press against your finger when you rub it, and it looks like his scales are looking a bit odd to me. Could he have a skin infection/irritation happening? I tried my best to get a photo with detail.

To err on the side of caution I have already removed him from his enclosure and placed him in a clean tub with bare floor until I figure out the next course of action. I'm boiling his hide, water and food dish right now.

Thanks in advance for all your time and advice. I hope you enjoy our little dude as much as we do.