New member from Italy

Antonio.

Location (City and/or State)
Italy
Hello everyone! I am Antonio, a new tortoise enthusiast from Italy. After some time spent reading care info online and after more time spent correcting them with the info provided by this forum, I finally felt I was ready to be a responsable hermanni owner.
So here is Carlo, my little 2 y.o. male. He is very happy living accordingly to the forum care guide: walking on damp repti bark, eating lots of dandelion, malva and other wild greens (I already use tortoise table as my guide) and so on, point by point.

Thank you all for your kind attention and for the considerable efforts put into this forum,
Antonio (Italy)

Attachments

• IMG_20240528_130603.jpg
    IMG_20240528_130603.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20240528_131116.jpg
    IMG_20240528_131116.jpg
    678.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240528_130710.jpg
    IMG_20240528_130710.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello and welcome from Cyprus! Carlo is a handsome guy!

Just a small notice: top of the bark should be dry and bottom should be damp. You achieve that by pouring water in substrate instead of spraying it. Also, make sure you use fir bark and not pine bark (maritime pine bark is what's sold in most gardening stores).

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Antonio!

Antonio.

Italy
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Hello and welcome from Cyprus! Carlo is a handsome guy!

Just a small notice: top of the bark should be dry and bottom should be damp. You achieve that by pouring water in substrate instead of spraying it. Also, make sure you use fir bark and not pine bark (maritime pine bark is what's sold in most gardening stores).
Checked, but thanks for pointing it out! I admit I searched for some cheaper bark, but all bags available nearby were of maritime pine bark as you say. So I ended up with commercial branded "repti bark", which is 100% fir bark.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hello everyone! I am Antonio, a new tortoise enthusiast from Italy. After some time spent reading care info online and after more time spent correcting them with the info provided by this forum, I finally felt I was ready to be a responsable hermanni owner.
So here is Carlo, my little 2 y.o. male. He is very happy living accordingly to the forum care guide: walking on damp repti bark, eating lots of dandelion, malva and other wild greens (I already use tortoise table as my guide) and so on, point by point.

Thank you all for your kind attention and for the considerable efforts put into this forum,
Antonio (Italy)
Welcome to the forum.
Carlo looks wonderful!

EppsDynasty

Platinum Tortoise Club
Canebrake Ca
Welcome from Sunny California. Glad your here and hope to hear more about Carlo.