KrisC

My name is Kris and I have a one year old Leopard Tortoise I have raised from a hatchling. I am new to tortoises and have learned by trial and error and lots of research. I posted a thread concerning a hard greenish black clump I just noticed near my tortoise's mouth. I have soaked him in warm water and tried to gently remove it with a wet QTip. I am not sure if it is a growth or just a hard clump of chewed up greens. I am not familiar with many health concerns with a tortoise so I am looking for advice. Thanks!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kris, and welcome to the forum!

Put some mineral oil on the 'clump,' and let it soak for a few minutes, then try to pick it off.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kris welcome to the TFO from AZ . Your getting the best help Yvonne knows more then most about fixing torts .but I would like a pict of your green ball .

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. I agree with grandpa turtle. Yvonne is great.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here.

KrisC

Here is a closeup of his head and eyes. I will add another pic of him full body. Not familiar with everything yet. Not sure if I can post more than one pic at a time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 11

KrisC

Full body. I added moisture to help with humidity. Other than spraying constantly, any suggestions for keeping up with the humidity issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 10

Falcon70

10 Year Member!
North Carolina
Welcome, how long has it been there? At first glance, I thought it might just be old food, but I saw your other thread saying it's been there awhile now.