Noemiandlars

my name is noemi and I have a Mohave Desert Tortoise his name is Lars and and he is 6 years old he has been such a pleasure to have him around and from what I understand he will be around for a LONG time I'm just curious what everyone else feeds their turtles sometimes I feel like I feed him the same thing over and over .

johnandjade

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
scotland
hello and welcome! I would suggest checking out the care sheet in species specific, great advice in there.

im a neebie and have a hermanns so cant help any more im afraid. but you defo in the right place!! the experts will no doubt advise and answer your q's. happy tortin :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Welcome Noemi and Lars lots to learn here and if you follow all advice as best you will hopefully have a happy healthy tort for a very long time
Read the care sheets, Enclosures and Beginners Mistakes for great information and inspiration.
Would love to see some pics!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Neomi
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1436831056.921982.jpg
Picts of your DT and its enclosure will help us help you are you from Calf. Or is it a ADT ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Noemi, and welcome to the Forum!

The very best diet for a desert tortoise is to allow it to graze to its heart's content in his own yard outside. If that simply isn't possible, then dark, leafy greens, plants and grasses should be on his menu.