Status
Not open for further replies.

goiva

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello, I just got a 5-6 month old Leopard Tort. I'm having a hard time getting her ( I call it a her, we don't know yet) to eat anything but Romaine Lettuce, I guess that's what they gave her at the pet shop. I'm trying though, I keep offering different things, like turnip greens, Collard greens, Zoo Med grassland pellets (moisten). Hopefully she will start eating better soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! I hope you will share with us a picture of your leopard. They are just so beautiful as youngsters. :) May I make a suggestion? Since she likes (and may be use to eating the romaine) simply cut it up into small pieces with whatever green(s), weeds, whatever your trying to feed. Mix it together well and start with a higher amount of the romaine and slowly make it less and less romaine.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) try what Jacqui said. Also if your spritz the chopped up greens with water it will help them stick together better and if she wants the pieces of romaine, shell have to eat what sticks to it. Also, please take look at the threads below in my post. They are Toms great threads on how to raise a leopard. The sulcata ones will work also.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club