New MEP from Vic

richosullivan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Orlando
There were a lot of good looking babies to choose from, but think we did well (not sure we could have gone wrong to be honest).

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
All torts are so cute so, no, you couldn't have gone wrong even if it really had 6 feet! The leopards are especially cute as babies...I may get one of them someday if my yard is big enough.

emysbreeder

5 Year Member
I had the opportunity to go visit @emysbreeder this past weekend to see his torts and pick up this little treat:View attachment 117862 View attachment 117863 View attachment 117864
.......Here is Rich's Mt.Tortoise parents. F. Captive born in 1993. It was sold as a baby and lived in N.Calif. The owners gave it back to me in 2008. The Sire seen breeding another female was from my first pair, wild collected in Thailand in 1988. Note the thick group of growth lines between the Marginals and Costals. This growth was from a captive diet, and give it a taller look. Most older wild phayrei I've seen didnt have this look. He's very aggressive toward other males and newly introduced females. They are both a little lighter in color than other phayrei so I decided to put them together to see what happened. A lot of the babies were born a super nice mahogany brown. Rich did the smart thing and picked the most active one that wouldn't get scared when handled and go back in its shell. There you go a little back ground on the parents of your new baby. Vic

DSCF0071.JPG DSCF0259.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Congrats! You will not be disappointed!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club