new mommy to a tortoise

RaeJ

Hi my name is Rachel
I live in south africa my 6 year old was given a small tortoise a few days ago named rocks and she's so excited to have her own tortoise its our first time as owners to a pet tortoise so we very excited to see where we go from here

Attachments

• IMG-20150212-02083.jpg
    IMG-20150212-02083.jpg
    753.2 KB · Views: 50

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome. Good to have you here. The tortoise you have there are very rare to see in US. I'm very happy to see you join the forum and keep us posted on the progress of this lovely torts.

Welcome! ! ! !

RaeJ

Hi everyone
Thanks the thing is I don't know what species of tortoise this is all I can tell you is that it has a long tail with a sharp pointy thing in the end and a flat shell at the bottom If you can help identify our little one would appreciate it

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I have never heard of that kind of tortoise, it is very pretty. Can we have more pictures? Oh and welcome to the forum.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Rachel!

RaeJ

Hi guys
Just popping in with an update of our little guy rocks I took him to the vet as I was worried that he wasn't eating turns out our little one is in excellent health and this morning I caught him eating his food so I'm realli excited to finally see him eating and even got to see his cute pink tongue looking foward to many more of these moments

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
You will find you'll have so many beautiful moments like that. They are hard work to keep, but worth every moment for the joy they bring.