New outdoor enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scooter

I started on the outdoor enclosure today for my torts! :) I have the structure up but I still need to paint it, add some more plants, hides, and water dishes.

DSC01855-1.jpg

DSC01856.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

The area at the bottom is for my Russian, the middle is for the redfoots, and the last area is for my hingeback.
DSC01882.jpg

DSC01877.jpg

They get morning and after noon direct sun and during the hottest part of the day it is shaded with patches of direct sun.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I love watching people's new enclosures take shape. Nice job. Good-looking woodwork too.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
That's going to be great. What is the plant in the round pot next to the enclosure.....it has a little orange thing growing on it.

S

Scooter

Yvonne and Terry thank you. I was a little worried how it would look since this is the first wood project I have designed. The pots next to the enclosure have roses in them.

APBT_Fanatic

5 Year Member
Southern California
It looks great! I really like how you divided it into sections like that, plus the fact you can look out your window and spy on them! ;)

I am sure you have already seen this, but make sure you block up the sections where the wood meets the house, as there are gaps and the torts might try to go through them.

S

Scooter

APBT_Fanatic said:
It looks great! I really like how you divided it into sections like that, plus the fact you can look out your window and spy on them! ;)

I am sure you have already seen this, but make sure you block up the sections where the wood meets the house, as there are gaps and the torts might try to go through them.

I have seen those spots and am working on closing them up, thank you though. That is the bedroom window, so first thind every morning I get to look out and see them! :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Very nice!!! I wish I could see Nelson's outdoor enclosure from a window :(

S

Scooter

Thanks Tom and Katie.

I was able to go back and paint the enclosure today. I still need to add some more plants, water dishes, and hides. The tortoises will move in later this week!

201103271632361.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love it when people put up play by play pictures of building their torts enclosures. I love how the paint matches the house. Very nice work. :tort:

S

Scooter

Thanks everyone, I still have a lot of work to do. I still need to add some more plants and I have some grass seed in there I am trying to get to sprout. I am also going to add a hide box. The torts are in it and they seem to love it! They have been cruising all around and starting eating the weeds and grass right away! I will post pics of them soon.

muddoc

5 Year Member
South Louisiana
Very clean looking. I like the matching paint. It amazes me to look at all of the outdoor pens that people build, and to see how different they are from the next guy's, but how effective they all are. It just proves the age old saying, "there is more than one way to skin a cat". Definitely post some pics once the torts get in there.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Looking good! How are things going with getting the male hingeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.