Votes: 5 45.5%
  • red/yellow

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

youngyoshi

5 Year Member
I really like sulcata and red/yellow foot tortoises im not really sure which i should acquire though. I live in ohio (dayton area) i have a beginner area already planned for which ever i get. At which point (years/size) should they be strictly outside. Ive been researching for months have plenty of info but still cant decide on which one i want

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Do you have the means(money wise) to house a large sulcata outside with a heated tort house during the winter months. The RF and YF are smaller so would be easier to house indoor in the winter months.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where is a 150 pound tropical temp needing poop machine going to live for several months every winter in Ohio?

The redfoot will be much easier to house indoors over winter and even one that size will be a challenge.

Good luck!

youngyoshi

5 Year Member
I have a heated garage and also plan on insulating and getting heat in my shead

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
youngyoshi said:
I have a heated garage and also plan on insulating and getting heat in my shead

In my opinion then. You have one life get what you want, as long as you can do/afford it.

youngyoshi

5 Year Member
I decided.

Gonna go with a Sully will be driving to get it saturday morning from a breeder north of me! :)

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
youngyoshi said:
I decided.

Gonna go with a Sully will be driving to get it saturday morning from a breeder north of me! :)

Good choice with the Sulcata =] I have both a Sulcata and a cherry head red foot. I love them both! Take care of your Sully. Make sure he/she has the right temps, food, etc. (I bet you did your reseach so I shouldnt even have to remind you)

youngyoshi

5 Year Member
DrewsLife727 said:
youngyoshi said:
I decided.

Good choice with the Sulcata =] I have both a Sulcata and a cherry head red foot. I love them both! Take care of your Sully. Make sure he/she has the right temps, food, etc. (I bet you did your reseach so I shouldnt even have to remind you)

Yup got everything ready.. did a pre setup got my temps and everything right. Gonna have in connected bins till i get the larger enclosure finished

Status
Not open for further replies.