New Redfoot Enclosure

I just got my little redfoot a few days ago. Here is his enclosure. I have coco coir as the substrate with half of the tank covered in cypress mulch. I also have some sphagnum moss in the two pots. Is there anything else that I should add? I was going to add some plants but I read that they don't do well under artificial UV and that my tortoise would probably trample them.

Attachments

• IMG_5535.JPG
    IMG_5535.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 67

ShellyTheTortoise71

That set up looks pretty good to me. The only thing I would say is I would remove a few of the rocks in the water dish. Your tortoise might have trouble soaking. What are your temps?

I just put the rocks in today. I was afraid he wouldn't be able to get out. He is very small. So far he hasn't done anything except bury himself in the substrate. I have been taking him out and soaking him in warm water for 15 minutes each night. I posted my temperatures and humidity below. The 86 is the probe under the basking bulb.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 22

ShellyTheTortoise71

I just put the rocks in today. I was afraid he wouldn't be able to get out. He is very small. So far he hasn't done anything except bury himself in the substrate. I have been taking him out and soaking him in warm water for 15 minutes each night. I posted my temperatures and humidity below. The 86 is the probe under the basking bulb.
As long as he has no problem soaking, the rocks shouldn't be a big issue. And your temps look great.