NEW RUSSIAN TORT PET QUESTION

BORIS THE TORT

Location (City and/or State)
NEW JERSEY AND POCONOS
We are new Russian Tortoise owners and i have a question about travel. We have a vacation home and about once a month we got there for a long weekend. It is about a 3 hour drive. Wanted to see what everyone suggested with having the tort in the car for that time. I can and will have sufficiant habitat in both locations with heat and all. With traveling i can use a heating pad while in car. Is this something that the tort can handle and will be fine with?

Want to make sure we are doing the right things with him.

Thebubster

Fort Myers
We are new Russian Tortoise owners and i have a question about travel. We have a vacation home and about once a month we got there for a long weekend. It is about a 3 hour drive. Wanted to see what everyone suggested with having the tort in the car for that time. I can and will have sufficiant habitat in both locations with heat and all. With traveling i can use a heating pad while in car. Is this something that the tort can handle and will be fine with?

Want to make sure we are doing the right things with him.
I mean me personally I have a smaller tank that I out him in and the car never gets cold he has his lil house and some snacks but he usually just takes a nap or burrows for a bit maybe even look around but I never do anything special except make sure nothing bad can happen so I think you'll be ok

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
How long will you be gone? Your tortoise should be staying home, especially if it’s only a few days. Preferably, try getting a neighbor or someone you know to check on him every now and then.

Thebubster

Fort Myers
How long will you be gone? Your tortoise should be staying home, especially if it’s only a few days. Preferably, try getting a neighbor or someone you know to check on him every now and then.
let me re explain I have someone that takes great care of him when im gone but occasionally they are unavailable and no one else is willing so I take him with me and I usually don't do a full trip or go too far so I just set him up in a hotel

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah I agree with TechnoCheese if its not a vet trip then it's best to leave them in home.

Thebubster

Fort Myers
Yeah I agree with TechnoCheese if its not a vet trip then it's best to leave them in home.
sometimes I have no choice the heat is iffy and occaisionaly it gets 30° in the house I hate taking him places I try to make it as least stressful as possible no housekeeping he stays quiet and warm all those things