New tank help?

Leomama422

Location (City and/or State)
New York
Hey so I’ve had a tortoise for almost a year now and was thinking of getting him a new tank if needed since he is growing, he recently turned 1 but his tank seems a little small to me maybe around a 25 gallon or 20. What are the best recommendations for a good tank for a growing Russian testudo?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
He should be in an enclosure bigger than the two tank sizes you listed. He does need an upgrade ASAP if you have him in anything smaller than what you listed. For now at least a 4x4. To save money, go with a 4x8 as he will need that as an adult. You can divide it off to a 4x4 until he needs the full 4x8

Leomama422

New York
He should be in an enclosure bigger than the two tank sizes you listed. He does need an upgrade ASAP if you have him in anything smaller than what you listed. For now at least a 4x4. To save money, go with a 4x8 as he will need that as an adult. You can divide it off to a 4x4 until he needs the full 4x8
Where can I get a 4x8 the tank he has now is from pets mart but I’m trying to stop going there for his needs

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where can I get a 4x8 the tank he has now is from pets mart but I’m trying to stop going there for his needs
You will not find what you need at any pet store. You have to build one or hire someone else to build one for you. It is essentially a sheet of plywood with sides on it, so fairly simple.

Here is care info for you: