New to sulcatas!

Jovanni

5 Year Member
I currently got a baby sulcata ! I'm new to them, but not new to tortoises. I have three Russian tortoises ! Wondering if you guys can give me some tips to ensure this little one has a good life ! I read many care sheets, just want some more tips.ImageUploadedByTortForum1383061132.282341.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Wow, I guess you've got a whole lot more to read about. Sulcatas need very different care than Russians.

lkwagner

5 Year Member
Is it just the picture or are the eyes messed up? Mine looked like that when it had a respiratory infection when I got it and I've seem some look like that because of coil bulbs. Could definitely just be the picture though.

Jovanni

5 Year Member
lkwagner said:
Is it just the picture or are the eyes messed up? Mine looked like that when it had a respiratory infection when I got it and I've seem some look like that because of coil bulbs. Could definitely just be the picture though.

I'm not sure I can't take a better picture and PM you it ?

Jovanni said:
lkwagner said:

I'm not sure I can't take a better picture and PM you it ?

Can*

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
It must just be the pic. The eyes look fine and normal to me. The pic has a redish tint to it, but otherwise, all looks gold with the lil guy.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The threads Tom list and the ones in my post, which are also Toms is the way to raise you little sully. He will grow to be healthy and smooth.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Anything Tom says goes . You may move stuff or use more or lessthat all depending on where you live . The temperatures you keep your house and so on .

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Tom is our resident expert.

Sulcata is my favorite species (he...obviously), and I was so impressed with his knowledge and dedication, that I bought a hatchling from him...and I run an active rescue! Please, whatever Tom says, you must adhere to. He's made all the mistakes and learned from the best.

If you like, follow my thread on Franklin, my hatchling from Tom...
http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-81177.html

My experience with a baby, all based on Tom's recommendations, and on a budget