new to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
14 years old, 17" and 24lbs?

WOW! her shell is beautiful but she is small...

WalkingRock is 11 years old, 24" and 80lbs, but your tort looks larger than WalkingRock; ;)

Cole.

5 Year Member
He is smaller, I know. I think it's because he's only outside in the nice weather for half of the year. But I did write that wrong, however, he's 11 as well. I had to remember when I got him.

The weight may also be off, I kinda just stuck him on a scale. He may have had a leg down. He's always a little lighter in winter because he slows down a little bit and spends less time stuffing his face.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
try weighing her by weighing yourself 1st, then you holding her, subtract the two and the differance is her weight! It's pretty accurate as long as you can pick her up. We'll talk when she get to large to weigh like that!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Kool! These guys need all the weight they can get!

I have a special made colom that I set on the scales and zero it out then set WR on top of that. I hear a 5gal bucket set upside down on the scales also works, but my scales arn't large enough to set a 5gal bucket upside down on!

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
He does look a lot bigger than 29lbs. Definitely look bigger than mine who was 46lbs at his last weight in.. Looks really good though...

Cole.

5 Year Member
It must be the angle or something, he does look rather large in that picture.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Cole! Really like the sulcata! I don't think we have any experts in here, but we do have a lot of very experienced folks. ;) :D

jkingler

5 Year Member
Marty looks awesome! Such a handsome fella. And as long as your tort seems healthy (e.g. acts like it, passes clean poop tests, etc.), I personally (in my inexperience and naivete) would not worry about the weight. Growing slower is often pointed out to be a virtue, if I remember correctly. Slow and steady. :p

Cole.

5 Year Member
Thanks for the welcome and support everybody! Now off to my next adventure of getting some redfoots.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is a lady in Illinois that has a large sulcata she travels with. She puts him in a cooler for travel. Maybe you could do the same to weigh. Just weigh the cooler first without him in it. Then same subtraction.

Zamric said:
Kool! These guys need all the weight they can get!

I have a special made colom that I set on the scales and zero it out then set WR on top of that. I hear a 5gal bucket set upside down on the scales also works, but my scales arn't large enough to set a 5gal bucket upside down on!

Status
Not open for further replies.