New to this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

winston44

5 Year Member
Hi everybody, my name is Addam I live in Arizona, and just recently got my 1st tortoise. It's a sulcata named Sir Winston. This is him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
:D Is that your shoe? Sir Winston is a nice little guy. What caused you to decide a tortoise was right for you? I almost forgot... Hi and welcome! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Addam and welcome to the Forum!!

There are some pretty good threads to help you care for your little sulcata. If you read this one:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-18448.html

And get started right away with a more moist environment, you may be able to stop the pyramiding that is showing on your new little guy. But work up to the moisture gradually. It looks like he's been kept pretty dry in his previous home.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) at the bottom of my post are some threads that will also help you raise your little one in a much better environment then how he was in. He looks a little dry

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Welcome Adam. That's a cute lil guy you have. Good advice Yvonne' given you. Read the threads on proper care of sulcatas and you'll both be happy and healthy.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome neighbor...how old is your new buddy? Do you have an indoor and an outdoor enclosure ready? What part of Arizona do you live in? These guys do quite well out here..i refer all new sulcata owners to read the threads below my signature. If you have any questions just ask away...good luck to you and your new buddy...

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome Sir Winston is sooooooooooo cute :)

winston44

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) at the bottom of my post are some threads that will also help you raise your little one in a much better environment then how he was in. He looks a little dry

Yeah since being on this site I realized that everything the person told that gave him to me was wrong. The guy said he needs to be in a dry environment with no water dish.

winston44

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Hello and welcome neighbor...how old is your new buddy? Do you have an indoor and an outdoor enclosure ready? What part of Arizona do you live in? These guys do quite well out here..i refer all new sulcata owners to read the threads below my signature. If you have any questions just ask away...good luck to you and your new buddy...

I live in Glendale, Arizona I just have a indoor enclosure that he came with but I'm in the process of building him an outdoor enclosure. I'm not sure old he is I never got an answer when I got him

winston44

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Hi Addam and welcome to the Forum!!

There are some pretty good threads to help you care for your little sulcata. If you read this one:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-18448.html

And get started right away with a more moist environment, you may be able to stop the pyramiding that is showing on your new little guy. But work up to the moisture gradually. It looks like he's been kept pretty dry in his previous home.

Thanks for the info I'm going to use them I was giving wrong information so many time from the person I got him from.

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Welcome!! :D
So exciting to see another AZ member!
I think it's funny how it seems so many previous tortoise owners give their pet away and have wrong information on them! Hopefully everyone's advice helps your guy grow to be a healthy/happy tort!

Status
Not open for further replies.