New to tortoises but thinking about getting one ❤️

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lewisville, Texas
Lol i definitely will need to hire someone. I think my biggest barrier at the moment is finding space and finding someone who can customize an enclosure with the correct square footage that fits into my apartment. I'm in no rush to get a tortoise just starting to think about what's needed.
I recently put together this guide to building cheap or space efficient tortoise enclosures. There are a few examples that may give you some ideas, including a double decker made from ikea bookshelves and tables that I think someone could make with very little building skill :)

THEADEMARCO

London
Lol of course! I know they will not actually interact. I joined this forum to learn more about tortoise husbandry and see if its possible for my space. I am looking for creative ways to buy an enclosure that will fit into my apartment. Its a work in progress.
Just wanted to say that if you're looking for a handyman to build you a nice big enclosure I got mine from a guy on FB marketplace. Each one is custom made and a decent price.

Deepfriedtofu

DC
Just wanted to say that if you're looking for a handyman to build you a nice big enclosure I got mine from a guy on FB marketplace. Each one is custom made and a decent price.
This is the direction I was thinking about! I literally own no tools and had someone do something similar for my ball python enclosure which looks fantastic!