New tort owner nutrition guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogart20

5 Year Member
IM pretty new to torts, I would like to know of a healthy balanced diet to keep him in good health

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Bogart20:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

What would you like us to call you?

And may we know appx. where in the world you are?

There's lots of reading for you to do. We've done quite a bit of talking about good nutrition for baby sulcata tortoises. You can find it in the sulcata section here on the forum. After you're finished reading...reading and more reading, if you have specific questions, we're happy to help you.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WELCOME :D. I Agree with what emysemys has said. Almost anything you need to know has already been posted. Search your concerns in the TFO search bar. From nutrition, enclosures and anything in-between. Check out the threads at the bottom of my post, by my signature. Then hit us with all the question you still have or need clarified. Good luck. It will be the best reading on torts you can find and will fill you with lots of knowledge and fun, interesting reading. Have fun, and good luck with your tort.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here's a short list to get you started:
Grasses, weeds, spring mix, leafy greens from the grocery store or your garden, spineless opuntia cactus pads, mulberry leaves, hibiscus and rose leaves and flowers, grapes leaves...

Just make sure everything is from a safe, chemical free area.

Status
Not open for further replies.