Newbie looking for some good

Raaron3087

Location (City and/or State)
Gainesville, Florida
Newbie here asking for alittle direction on how to setup my tortoise table. What’s the best substrate to use, better UV light to showcase the enclosure l, better heating lamp and also what other decorations and things to add to their space. Pictures below of how it’s setup now.

Briefly these tortoises and table were a rehome I got a few hours ago. One is a high white leopard tortoise and the other is a red head red foot I believe. The substrate is moss and it has a cheap 10” uv bulb and a ceramic 100w heat bulb that hardly put out heat.

Littleredfootbigredheart

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hello and welcome!

Your photos haven’t attached, but just to check, they are housed separately? Definitely don’t mix species.

No moss either, it can cause impaction if eaten.

For the red foot you’ll find it easier relying on ceramic heat emitters as your heat source. They don’t really need a basking bulb as they aren’t really a basking species.

For the leopard, the basking bulb you need is an incandescent floodlight.

For the uv for both, you want a t5 tube fluorescent bulbs, zoo med and Arcadia are the brands to go for.

What ages are we talking too? Babies or adults?

This thread below will be super useful for you to go through for a baby red foot, it covers absolutely everything from appropriate equipment, levels, maintaining humidity and there’s a good diet list

This is the one if they’re an adult

Here’s one for the leopard

Lastly, this thread is handy to go through to avoid incorrect equipment(which is easily done) and materials etc

Hope this all helps! Give them a read and come back with any questions you may have😊